1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Just bought a Fender BXR Dual 400 head and have questions

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by elvisart, Jul 30, 2013.

1. elvisart

elvisart

I normally play through a carvin 1-15" and carvin 2-10" cabs, my old head was a Kustom 250. With the Fender it offers biamping, and I was wondering if I should biamp with the 15 for the lows and the 2-10" for mids and highs? I'm kinda hoping for a Entwhistlesque sound by biamping, or should I just run full range? The eq on this this is great, so I know I can tweak the sound i get out of it pretty well.
    Also, if anyone has experience with this amp, please offer any advice or suggestions you may have. I started playing bass back in the 80's, then switched to guitar, and am now back on bass and having a blast!
    Thanks!

2. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Your cabs are designed for full range, so bi-amping is a waste, and will actually result in less output.

Additionally, all you need to carry the mid/high end with a 15" is a single 6" mid driver. If you want to carry around a 2X10 to do the job of a single 6", more power to you.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

+1 bi-amping 2 full range cabs is a waste of power. Read the faq's and stickies to learn how bass gear works, and clear up a few misconceptions and myths that won't die.