1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Just bought a Fender BXR Dual 400 head and have questions

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by elvisart, Jul 30, 2013.

1. elvisart

elvisart

I normally play through a carvin 1-15" and carvin 2-10" cabs, my old head was a Kustom 250. With the Fender it offers biamping, and I was wondering if I should biamp with the 15 for the lows and the 2-10" for mids and highs? I'm kinda hoping for a Entwhistlesque sound by biamping, or should I just run full range? The eq on this this is great, so I know I can tweak the sound i get out of it pretty well.
    Also, if anyone has experience with this amp, please offer any advice or suggestions you may have. I started playing bass back in the 80's, then switched to guitar, and am now back on bass and having a blast!
    Thanks!
  2. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Your cabs are designed for full range, so bi-amping is a waste, and will actually result in less output.

Additionally, all you need to carry the mid/high end with a 15" is a single 6" mid driver. If you want to carry around a 2X10 to do the job of a single 6", more power to you.
  3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

+1 bi-amping 2 full range cabs is a waste of power. Read the faq's and stickies to learn how bass gear works, and clear up a few misconceptions and myths that won't die.