1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Just bought a new Fender Bronco 40 watt amp !

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Turlu, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

For practice at home....

I will post my comments soon. But, by the price paid ( 250$ ) and the features and quality built, it looks like a great little amp to keep in my bedroom !
  2. steamthief

steamthief

subscribed
  3. boristhespider9

boristhespider9

$250 for 40 watts? Seems steep.
  4. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

The amp has tons of features, like effects, compressor, etc. amd mainly to be used for recording.
  5. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

I played around with it this evening at the house. It will do the job OK for its size. When you are used to hear the Super Bassman head, it is tough to lower your epectations!!

For those looking for a good little amp, much powerful than its rating with tons of effects, this is yours ! For the price, it is a good buy and will do the job for my specific needs.

I have not played with the software yet but it appears promising !
  6. klokker

klokker

Rock on, I'd take one in a minute. I have a couple of gig amps, but I practice on a little 10 watt guitar amp. Have fun!
  7. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

After playing a few hours with it I can say I really like it and fits my needs perfectly ! This is perfect form someone who wants access to a variety of tones, record and have a small lightweight amp that you can easily put in the corner of the house anywhere !
    Good job Fender once again ! I am all Fender rig now owning the Super Bassman and the 410 Neo !! Great amps, great tone ! Kudos Fender !

I will try the included software and play with the settings, etc soon and post my comments !
  8. pie_man_25

pie_man_25

I have a feeling that this amp fits Turlu's needs perfectly...
    :bag:
  9. happyg

happyg

Make sure you download the fuse software. You can really wake up the amp.....in a good way.
  10. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Indeed, the FUSE software is awesome!!! Really useful and easy to play with the settings !!
  11. steamthief

steamthief

12. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

I have not had a chance to use the software much, however I played a lot with the settings and different combinations of the Bronco. Very impressive to say the least! My favourite is the Bassman 300 with my Rickenbacker !!! It growls really well!
  13. BowserBass

BowserBass

I had this amp for a month, I found the sound out the DI & Headphones to very good (alot like fenders demo that can be seen on youtube) but the sound out of the internal speaker...... underwhelming. I returned mine.
  14. rudedog

rudedog

I've been trying to decide between the Bronco and the A35 Hartke for a practice amp. I appreciate the info!
  15. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

I would have a tendency to prefer the Bronco over the Hartke myself just because of its versatility and extra features you can find on it. Enjoy your new little amp !!!
  16. curt basner

curt basner Supporting Member

I have one, too, and I like it a lot!