Just bought a newsed Yamaha TRBX 505!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vstringbassist, Mar 17, 2014.

1. vstringbassist

vstringbassist

Hey all, I just picked up a newsed trans black Yamaha TRBX 505 (although it is more of a solid mat black finish) this evening for $300cdn! It has hardly been touched. This is a very nice bass for the money - very solid and nice construction. I also like to the look of the 505. I have read good reviews on these basses and am anxious to get it setup. I always strip my "new" basses down and give them a good cleaning and ensure the screws/nuts are snug. I was happy to see that the fret board did not turn my cleaning cloth black (rosewood)! I have had this happen on a few other "lower" priced basses I have owned.
    Anyone own a 505? What do you think of it?

2. LostInSauce

LostInSauce

Great Score!! I'm waiting the arrival of a 503. It seems the only difference is the electronics to include the 5-way switch. If I don't dig the electronics, I'll swap them out. Super stoked for Friday.

3. duckman999

duckman999 Supporting Member

Pickups are also different between those bass's. Check it closer. There is a youtube video documenting it also with some Yamaha endorsed heavy dude playing both and detailing the differences.

4. christle

christle Supporting Member

I can tell you I like my 504. I'm guessing you will enjoy the 505. Great basses, well made and a treat to play.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bohemond

bohemond

I have the 504 in the same finish. Its fantastic. My favorite bass and i own a lakland and 2 fender precisions

7. Evangion

Evangion

Quick question for the TRBX505. Could you help measure the pickups dimensions?

Do they fit any of these sizes?
    bartolini® p2 (4.27″ x 1.27″)
    emg40® (1.51″ x 4.02″)
    emg45® (1.51″ x 4.52″)