Just bought my old Fender P Bass Lyte back.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Saskatune, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Saskatune

Saskatune

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. I just started playing bass again.

I used to own a P Bass Lyte, and sold it when I quit playing5 years ago. This week I was able to buy it back, and I'm really happy! It's a "photo finish sunburst" with gold hardware and it's really comfortable to play. Plus, it's an old friend.

I bought a Cafe Walter headphone amp and a Hal Leonard method book (this time I want to learn to read), and I'm going to be playing again.

2. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Welcome. This tends to be a friendly place but there are rules here. You must provide photos of the bass or people will be suspect of it's existence. Congratulations on your return to the low end.

3. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum,,,, and yea,,, the P Bass Lyte,,, I had one years ago,,, one of my all time favorite bass's ever.

Congrats on getting your old one back,,, how cool is that !!!

Cheers
    Davyo

4. jannodude

jannodude

Welcome back! I'm with you, purchased a Cafe Walter Headphone Amp + Hal Leonard Method book. Your on the way to an amazing bass journey.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Saskatune

Saskatune

I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives. It's on its way now.

I had purchased a Yamaha RBX170 before I knew the Fender was coming back, so I'm practicing with that one right now. It's an OK bass for 200 bucks! I guess I'll keep it as a backup.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm looking forward to learning lots from this place. :>)

7. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

Congrats. It is not often that we get to reverse a regretful decision.

I have really wanted to try one of those basses, but I believe that they are active, yes? I need to see how the sound compares with the standard passive P.

8. Saskatune

Saskatune

Yes, it is an active bass.