Just finished Recording, Feedback or give it a listen

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dave23654, Sep 16, 2012.

1. dave23654

dave23654

2. WardEarth

WardEarth

I like it. Could maybe, just maybe, use a very little boost to the low end of the bass eq. Just very little though.
    But I'm a bassist, and like to feel that bass blasting through my headphones.
  3. dave23654

dave23654

I find when I listen to it at louder volumes the bass cuts through more than at lower volumes. Could just be my crappy computer speakers, but maybe a little boost to the low end of the bass eq could be the solution. Thanks for the Feedback.
  4. EvilJekyll

EvilJekyll

I think it actually sits well in the mix. These are mixed really well for the genre. Do you use an octaver, particularly Thinkin' about Things?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dave23654

dave23654

I never used any effects myself, but Phil (the guy who mix everything) added some fuzz or very little distortion on some of the song parts. I do not think an octaver was used on Thinkin' about Things; I tend to have both tone controls at full with the bridge volume at full and the neck volume backed off slightly. This PJ tone configuration may have that octaver effect. I will e-mail Phil to see if he actually added any effects.

Thanks for the feedback.
  7. dave23654

dave23654

Thanks to those who have gave the recording a listen and gave Feedback. Much appreciated:bassist:
  8. capnsandwich

capnsandwich

Drums need to be up more in the mix, that and, as always, MORE BASS! They may need to autotune the vocals just a smidge.
  9. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

I like the music but HATE the vocals.
  10. dave23654

dave23654

Thanks for taking the time to give it a listen and for your input. I thought the drums were loud enough, but the bass could always go up a bit (I think most bass players would agree that the bass in most mixes could go up).:D

Overall, I can't complain for a $200 eight song recording. Like anything you get what you pay for.;)
  11. dave23654

dave23654

Honesty is always good to hear. I know everyone has different tastes. Glad you enjoyed the music.
  12. dave23654

dave23654

Give it a listen! Bump
  13. Ajak

Ajak

I really like the mix as well as your tone in itself (I love to hear the bass recorded through an amp :)). Great playing! Really like the sound of your band too.

The only thing I noticed is that the Hi-Hat sounds a little muffled. I myself would give it a little more highs. But that's my taste.

And leave that auto-tune be. It's honest the way it is in my opinion. It doesn't really sound bad and it gives your band some personality.

I take it as a good sign that I'd recognize your band among others.

Keep it up!
  14. dave23654

dave23654

Thanks for taking time to listen and the kind feedback.