Just finished Recording, Feedback or give it a listen

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dave23654, Sep 16, 2012.

1. dave23654

dave23654

2. WardEarth

WardEarth

I like it. Could maybe, just maybe, use a very little boost to the low end of the bass eq. Just very little though.
    But I'm a bassist, and like to feel that bass blasting through my headphones.
  3. dave23654

dave23654

I find when I listen to it at louder volumes the bass cuts through more than at lower volumes. Could just be my crappy computer speakers, but maybe a little boost to the low end of the bass eq could be the solution. Thanks for the Feedback.
  4. EvilJekyll

EvilJekyll

I think it actually sits well in the mix. These are mixed really well for the genre. Do you use an octaver, particularly Thinkin' about Things?
  5. dave23654

dave23654

I never used any effects myself, but Phil (the guy who mix everything) added some fuzz or very little distortion on some of the song parts. I do not think an octaver was used on Thinkin' about Things; I tend to have both tone controls at full with the bridge volume at full and the neck volume backed off slightly. This PJ tone configuration may have that octaver effect. I will e-mail Phil to see if he actually added any effects.

Thanks for the feedback.
  6. dave23654

dave23654

Thanks to those who have gave the recording a listen and gave Feedback. Much appreciated:bassist:
  7. capnsandwich

capnsandwich

Drums need to be up more in the mix, that and, as always, MORE BASS! They may need to autotune the vocals just a smidge.
  8. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

I like the music but HATE the vocals.
  9. dave23654

dave23654

Thanks for taking the time to give it a listen and for your input. I thought the drums were loud enough, but the bass could always go up a bit (I think most bass players would agree that the bass in most mixes could go up).:D

Overall, I can't complain for a $200 eight song recording. Like anything you get what you pay for.;)
  10. dave23654

dave23654

Honesty is always good to hear. I know everyone has different tastes. Glad you enjoyed the music.
  11. dave23654

dave23654

Give it a listen! Bump
  12. Ajak

Ajak

I really like the mix as well as your tone in itself (I love to hear the bass recorded through an amp :)). Great playing! Really like the sound of your band too.

The only thing I noticed is that the Hi-Hat sounds a little muffled. I myself would give it a little more highs. But that's my taste.

And leave that auto-tune be. It's honest the way it is in my opinion. It doesn't really sound bad and it gives your band some personality.

I take it as a good sign that I'd recognize your band among others.

Keep it up!
  13. dave23654

dave23654

Thanks for taking time to listen and the kind feedback.