1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Just got my new peavey

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fish and teach, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Fish and teach

Fish and teach

Well it's not new but it is to me. Peavey Cirrus 5 BXP. Came with a gig back and a beautiful leather strap with locks. I think it's gonna be a great player. Unbelievably easy to play with an incredible range of tones.

Attached Files:

2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful congrats I love their stuff and that Cirrus is just wonderful.
  3. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

I love those basses. I bought a 35" scale Axcellerator 5 back in 1996. Similar VFL pickups, and one of the finest necks I've played on a 5. I changed the electronics a little, but it was my main bass for years, and I had no gas for another bass. The one thing I didn't like was the PV factory strings. They produced a wierd little "clank/knock" every note I played as I took my finger off the fret. I changed the strings, and never had that problem again.

When I made a new body for my fretless 5 string, I copied the upper horn of the Cirrus. I love that look. It may be my favorite bass shape.
  4. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    I remember playing the Cirrus proto types about 15 years ago in Nashville. They were really nice then and remain that way. Peavey's always made great bass stuff. If it didn't say Peavey on it they'd sell better.
  5. EagleMoon

EagleMoon Supporting Member

I had one of those that I got dirt cheap years ago and I've been sorry I got rid of it. It sounded great, balanced well on a strap and the finish was gorgeous. They're nice basses.
  6. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member

Probably true.

I think it's time for Peavey to start a spin-off brand of bass gear. Same stuff, maybe slightly different cosmetics, but a different "brand."
  7. nortonrider

nortonrider

Here's mine - it's just like yours!
    [​IMG]
    It sounds, feels and plays primo.
    Congrats on your purchase of a very nice instrument!
  8. Fish and teach

Fish and teach

I played for about four hours last night. Normally my hands would be dying after two hours, but I was able to just keep going. I really like this one