Just Had to Run to the Store

Discussion in 'Ask Doug Johns' started by Doug Johns, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Doug Johns

Doug Johns

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla, Genz Benz, Pigtronix, DR Strings, Dunlop
    Yep, just had to run to the store... but now I'm back, a few months later. I'm sorry I was gone so long, TalkBass friends.

The good news is that on my way to the store, I stumbled into the studio and came out with a new CD! I'm really excited for everyone to hear it - The title is BLOMP! You know, like "Hit me one time!" BLOMP!

Finally, a big HUGE thank you to Sergeant BuffaloBass for cracking the whip and ordering me back to TalkBass. Promise I'll stay a little closer to home....

Doug

Attached Files:

2. BuffaloBass

BuffaloBass Supporting Member

Hey NCOs keep the unit running - don't ya know! Havent been called Sgt Chaas since 1989. Making me feel young man!

Doug, BLOMP isnt up on the site or iTunes yet. When?

I'm still mainlining STOMP for my funk fix.

Keep up the funk!!!
  3. mupchu

mupchu

Digital download is up,

I think it'll be up in itunes and physical cd's in the next couple weeks.
  4. BuffaloBass

BuffaloBass Supporting Member

The digital download off Doug's site and the browser on the machine werent jiving well.

You know funny thing about I tunes, or maybe the files. I converted some old funk which was mpeg and mostly sitting on a older "Trans - something" music device, before the I revolution. Recently replaced my Ipod and noticed that the low end seemed "compressed" on the Ipod as opposed to the older tech device and different file format.

Its very much akin to comparing the AERO pups I so like and the more popular ones. Many have said that my one J bass is more "articulate" ( the popular pupped bass), than the other J which has AEROS. Root cause is not "articulation", but that the AEROs do have a much better response below 100Hz. ( am in the process of "de-articulating" the Valenti J5 with a P pup and selling the popular pups to the more popular.).

Sort of the same thing happening to the Itune V old skool mpeg comparo. Thinking it must have something to do with converting files.???

HEY BUZZ!!!!! forget all this modern mumbo - man get us some VINYL!!!!! :) I cant even imagine what a small run of vinyl would cost!

I do very much dig the convenience of having everything on something smaller than a pack of smokes. But, there is something lost in digital translation - I hear it best in voices.

Just a non-random thought..........
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kfech

kfech

Doug, welcome back!

I am a fellow Clevelander and try to make it out when you're playing around town. I brought my kids to the couple of Guitar Center clinics you did earlier in the year... we had a blast! They dug the music and the donuts.

Hope to see you schedule some local dates to play the new tunes.

Regards,
    Kevin