1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Just Installed Fender Super 55 Pickups in Deluxe Jazz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Misterwogan, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Misterwogan

Misterwogan

I've been moaning a lot here on TB about the dull and dreary tone that I've been getting from my 2012 Am Deluxe Jazz and its N3 pickups, right from the day I got it last October.

My biggest complaint was the close to useless output volume in passive mode.

I was very close to selling the bass when I decided to take a chance and change the pickups for the Fender Super 55 split coils.

I completed the job 30 minutes ago, and the result...

I simply can't believe the difference. Where the N3s were flat, dull, almost synth like - the 55s are full of the joys of life, particularly the neck pup which can operate in P-Bass territory in the way that the N3 could never do.

The output volume in passive mode now matches that of my P. Job done.

Best £100 I ever spent.
  2. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Now, that is good to know. thanks. Got any clips/sounds?
  3. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

Any soundclips please?