Just ordered my David Allen CS P Bass pickup!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BWileyTally, Jun 16, 2012.

1. BWileyTally

BWileyTally

Dallenpickups.com people! :D I ordered my pickup Friday night and he shipped today! I am looking forward to getting this pickup and getting it into my project bass (Mako Traditionals TPB-2). Once it comes in and I get a new nut installed I'll be making a video of it for everyone!

B :hyper:

2. BWileyTally

BWileyTally

Its here! Monday delivery like a boss!!!

Now to get soldering and get this puppy ready to play!

3. David Allen

David Allen

Disclosures:
    Pickup Maker
    Hey man! Thank you very much for your order. I am glad I could get it out to you right away. Let me know how you like it when you get it in.
    Many Thanks,
    David Allen

4. 2manynotes

2manynotes Supporting Member

Ordered mine Wednesday. The video demo on his site sold me.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Britbonic

Britbonic Supporting Member

I installed a set of these in my Am Std PBass last week. I've had a chance to play at a couple of jams and a rehearsal and have to say I'm sold. Practicing at home, they sound great but really come alive in a band situations.

Normally, I lean towards more vintage style pickups in a PBass but I love what these pickups can do. The bottom is nice and full without being boom. Jamming with some new guys the other day, I was amazed at how well it mated with the drummer's kick. The mids and upper mids are where they shine. Great note articulation when with the tone control up - nails that 70s Paul Jackson Headhunters vibe - and smoothes out nicely when you roll back the control.

One of the great things about PBass is how fast and easy it is to swap out pickups. I'm still learning about everything these pickups can do but trying 3 other options, this one's a keeper.

Also, David is an awesome guy. He lives nearby so we meet and talked music and pickups for awhile. Great guy, understands what goes into making great pickups. Highly recommended.

7. Highpost

Highpost

Waiting for your review. Anything like the video?

8. Britbonic

Britbonic Supporting Member

In a word, yes. I love the sound of these pickups. if you like what you hear in the video you'll
    Love them too.

9. BWileyTally

BWileyTally

Wow! It's been a good long while since I've had the pickup installed and all I can say is wow! I love it. If I ever get around to having my camera fixed (or replaced) I'll get a video up. In the meantime I'm almost ready to order a second one for my new project bass!