1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

just tracked…..

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by punchdrunk, Mar 7, 2014.

1. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Supporting Member

who else can't tolerate hearing themselves post track. I don't think Ive ever been satisfied with any album Ive played on. The sad thing is, is that the older I get the worse I feel I play. Damn. venting here I guess.

2. Stormchaser

Stormchaser

Don't feel bad, I'm the same. For some reason I still feel compelled to record. I don't question it any more. In my mind, I 'm just a pale imitation of my heroes, but it hasn't stopped me yet.:rolleyes:

3. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Supporting Member

thanks storm chaser, I'm feeling a bit better. Just listened to some unmixed playbacks and Im actually digging some of what I did. Ill punch up a part of two though (can be performed a bit smoother in a couple of sections).

4. M0ses

M0ses

Record yourself while practicing regularly & listen back. You will never have this problem again.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

I have been very happy but going direct has sucked for me. I have had great results by placing My Cab in a small closet with a Mic. I know this is nothing new but it's night and day Vs. plugging straight in.

7. lefty

lefty

I have never used my own tone in a recording I mean somewhat but it always sat good in the mix and have always dug it. The first time I heard my bass track playback I was astonished but it still sat in the mix.
    Promised myself I'd never play that sloppy again. And yeah practice recording yourself it is a great tool to be a better player.

8. lburton2

lburton2 Les Is More

Hardest thing for me is that when I go back to the track it's hard for me to listen to the song and not just the bass track. If you can do that, and be happy with how the SONG sounds, you did your job :)