1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Kala SUB defretted (fretless solid body UBass)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by theschnitt, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theschnitt

theschnitt Supporting Member

Fun bass, sounds enormous. With frets, the intonation was always off above the 10th fret, so I pulled 'em out in November of 2012. Problem solved! If you read the UBass Megathread you know that most players there prefer the fretless for this reason, but the solid body is only available fretless in the WAY more expensive Cali model. Until now.

I filled the fret slots with acoustic guitar purfling, the veneer that is used to construct the binding around the top of an acoustic guitar. It worked very well and they have been totally stable for over a year now. As you can see in the pics, the job was far from professional, but more than adequate. The bass plays great with zero issues. Some noticeable wear on the headstock and tuning pegs, finish is a bit shiny on the arm rest, other minor player wear. The strings are original and have settled in nicely. No dings or damage to the back of the neck.

21" scale with the sound of a giant, this is a super-fun bass that is actually pragmatic.

Ships in Kala gig bag and original box, [DEL]$300[/DEL] NOW $250 CONUS.

Lots more pics here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. petersenbass

petersenbass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses, MXR Pedals
  3. theschnitt

More interested in a cash sale, but please feel free to PM trade offers.
  4. JJGSON

JJGSON

PM Sent
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tymbrewolf

tymbrewolf

lowest price you will do. i just gave 349 for a new sub to defret. might keep both and get rid of my gt mbass fretless.
  7. theschnitt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.