Kala U-Bass Exotic Mahogany(killer figuring!) $259 - SOLD!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AMJBASS, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

I have a fantastic looking Kala U-Bass Exotic Mahogany that I am looking to sell. If you've read any of the mega thread on them, you know how popular these basses are becoming. Very similar to a Double Bass in sound. A unique instrument that is in a class of its own. This particular one has pretty spectacular figuring. Quilted Mahogany top with Flame Mahogany back and sides. Its in excellent condition as well. I must note that this one does have a bit of a weaker sounding E string. I have played it in concert settings without it being a huge deal, but you do need to strike the E with a bit more force. I am listing this bass at a low price because of this. I had another Ubass in the past with this problem and Kala did sell me a replacement pickup which remedied the problem. I just don't use this instrument enough to worry about it so I'm selling it as is. The price is $259 US plus shipping to the US and Canada. This is a fantastic price for this bass! PM me if interested.

Attached Files:

2. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Wow, I think someone should begin a stopwatch now. Because that's probably how quickly you'll be able to sell this. I'd grab it myself if my credit card wasn't maxed after Christmas shopping.
  3. SBassman

SBassman Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer: PiccoBass Guitar-scale Basses
    Definitely a great deal. In better financial times, I'd be jumping on this.

Folks - if the pickup is a concern, Kala will almost surely help you make it perfect. They are good people, and unlike the big manufacturers, they actually support every customer and every instrument.

BTW, as a new mahogany owner, let me say - pics never do it justice. These basses are Gorgeous in person.
  4. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Wow-sick deal! I had the same E string problem and it was fixed as well! awesome!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. AMJBASS

I am letting it go for a pretty low price because of that. Its not a huge concern, I just don't want to deal with all the logistics in getting the pickup swapped etc. It works fine if you can deal with the weaker sounding E.
  7. AMJBASS

I will ship this bass for free in Eastern Canada(split shipping to Western). Paypal prefered. PM me if interested!
  8. tinman 1967

tinman 1967 Supporting Member

9. notejung

notejung Supporting Member

PM's sent
  10. AMJBASS

Lots of PM's answered. I prefer a deal in Canada as the shipping will be less. Still available, but shouldn't last too much longer at this rate!
  11. notejung

notejung Supporting Member

Pm's sent again
  12. AMJBASS

Taking the bass off the market to get some additional issues cleared up. Thanks for all the PM's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.