1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Kala U bass question.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VWbug08', Jan 10, 2013.

1. VWbug08'

VWbug08' Supporting Member

Hi.

I picked up a Mahogany Kala U bass the other day. I was curious if anyone knows if it's OK to use the same Tung oil I use on my necks for the body of the U bass.

Thanks.

Bob.:cool:
  2. fretlessguy

fretlessguy

3. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

I just ordered one with the spruce top. How do you like so far?
  4. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

5. VWbug08'

So far I'm really liking it. Initially when I tried it at the store I was turned off by a lot of excessive finger noise.

The music store had made me a good trade offer for it on a couple basses I had sitting around that I don't play. I had seen some awesome Youtube vids on it where it sounded nice and deep like an upright. After a toss and turn nights sleep over it I went back to try again and tried it with the sales guy on a different bass amp. With the treble turned down and bass up a little and a much softer touch it sounded JUST like the Youtube vids! I fnd you have to fret it a little more carefully to avoid a nasty sound but any player with a few minutes of adjusting can do it.:)

REALLY liking it. Congratulations on yours. I think you will really like it too.:cool:
  6. VWbug08'

Thanks for the info Guys. I've been going through the Megathreads but they are so lengthy it's a little overwhelming to go through them to find info on straps and Amps etc.:cool:

I did glean from them the info on too many wraps on the tuner post and so I adressed that when I got home after watching the Youtube vid on restringing to avoid the excess winds. also picked up the "Uke Crazy" baritone Uke bag which seems nice and rigid and offers more protection.:D