1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Kamran 'Mannu' Zafar - Coke Studio Pakistan

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Konza, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Konza

Konza

A friend recently turned me on to Coke Studio Pakistan, and I'm loving a lot of what I've heard.

From Wikipedia: "Coke Studio is a Pakistani music television series which features live studio-recorded music performances by various artists.
    The program focuses on a fusion of the diverse musical influences in Pakistan, including eastern classical, folk, qawwali, bhangra, Sufi and contemporary hip hop, rock and pop music. The show provides a platform for renowned as well as upcoming and less mainstream artists, of various genres, regions and languages, to collaborate musically in live studio recording sessions."

What really makes the show work is the fantastic house band, whose bassist is Kamran 'Mannu' Zafar.

Any other fans here?

2. bassperado

bassperado

mate, honestly saying, the house band is pretty ace. i have follwed the show since its inception and his fluid playing style is just excellent. check out this tune called bibi sanem janem. sorry i cant put a link here because i don't have any "likes".

can't get my head around that tune! and the bass is so so groovey on this one!

Konza likes this.
  3. Konza

Konza

Love that song.

4. Konza

Konza

This is one of my favorites, especially when it goes spacy around the four minute mark.

5. Register to disable this ad