kansas city?

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by icactus, Jan 29, 2013.

1. icactus

icactus

2. dannbass

dannbass

They didn't take anybody.

3. rogue4

rogue4

I heard from a section member that Evan Halloin got the gig.

4. topo morto

topo morto

They gone about as far as they can go.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Dbass926

Dbass926

Tim Pitts said Evan Halloin won.

7. bellabass

bellabass

8. icactus

icactus

Any semi-finalists/finalists to congratulate?

9. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sorry I'm out of the loop since I'm not a DB player. What was this for, KC Symphony?

10. Blakewdm

Blakewdm

Congrats to Evan! Advancing at a gig like KC does deserve some kudos! Lets drop the negativity!

11. ekspain

ekspain

I had the honor of going to school with that guy for 3 years, and playing in orchestra with him for 1. He was kick ass back then too! God bless that guy! Evan, you rock man!

12. SusanCahill

SusanCahill

Congratulations are absolutely due to Mary Reed as a runner up in Kansas City.

13. mrLahey

mrLahey

Corey Trevor was also in the finals.

14. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Administrator

Media:
    Troll posts cleaned up. It's sad that we get more troll posts from one particular school than from any other. What is it, something in the water? Grow up, folks. Audition threads could be a great resource to the bass world, but instead for some reason they get trolled more than any other kind of thread here. I doubt your teachers would think this kind of behavior is either funny or professional. They got where they are by practicing, not by disparaging others from a position of internet anonymity.

15. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Administrator

Media:
    EDIT: I received a very courteous reminder from a member in which it was pointed out that it was in poor taste for me to disparage an entire university because of the behavior of a few immature outliers. This is of course entirely correct, and I wanted to issue a public apology for this and thank the member who contacted me to request that I correct this breach of professional etiquette. Mea culpa for that. It was inexcusable, and I offer no defense other than frustration of dealing with this sort of thing too often and for too long coupled with a fair amount of sleep deprivation. Both are poor excuses. What I should have said was that all moderators can locate the geographical origins of posts, these latest all seemed to be coming from the same place, that historically this same place has been the origination point of more audition thread troll posts than any other by a fair margin, and that no one was being fooled about that. Naming the place was totally uncalled for on my part, and I won't let it happen again.

That said, the fact remains that orchestral audition threads are - historically speaking - the most commonly and consistently trolled threads in the history of the Talkbass DB forums, and this has got to stop. These type of threads should be service threads to the bass community, not open forums to make anonymous potshots at the playing or sexual orientation or gender identity of others out there taking auditions; this type of trolling is among the most cowardly and immature of all internet behavior, and it will not be tolerated here. All accounts that seem to have been created to troll these kind of threads will be summarily banned. Please help facilitate this by reporting troll posts in audition threads as soon as you see them. And again, my sincerest apologies for my earlier lapse of judgement.