1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Karl Reiser?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by 2late, Jul 16, 2008.

1. 2late

2late

Anybody familiar with Karl Reiser basses? Are they Czech or Chinese or what? Plywood? Came across one for sale (model "REI DB 34") for $800. Guy says it's worth about $2600. In great shape, and plays and sounds pretty darn good.
    Thanks.
  2. EJ_Dad

EJ_Dad

IIRC, Reiser was a house brand for Brook Mays Music out of Dallas. I rented one for a while, as did my mother-inlaw. Mine was Chinese, her's was Srilankan, both plys. My Eberle was a big step up, as was her Kay.

Do a search for Reiser on talkbass.
    There should be a country of origin indication inside the bass.
  3. 2late

2late

Thanks. Hadn't used the search function before; very helpful.