1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Karma is a B****!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thomas Kievit, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

For those of you who didn't catch it in the news : earlier this week in France, a 24 year old guy named Farid de la Morlette (or atleast, that is how he calls himself on Facebook) was arrested for animal cruelty.

Last week he posted a video online were he grabbed a cat and tossed the poor cat in the air as high as he could and after that he threw the cat against a concrete wall.

The video has been seen many times online and people immediately started a raid to find him.

Police eventually arrested him before people in France got the chance to harm him and he was charged with animal cruelty by court, being sentenced for 1 year to prison.

Unfortunatly, lots of animal lovers in the prison where he is now were aware of his cruelty and gave him a piece of his own!

[​IMG]
  2. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow

Ha, I love it! He deserves no less. The little bitch...
  3. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

Karma isn't real, but this guy's a douche.
  4. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

When you go through your head, envisioning how you might respond to certain situations, I like to think I could keep a fairly cool head under a lot of circumstances. Animal cruelty is not one of them.
  5. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Looks like they threw him in the air, then into a concrete wall.
  6. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

I love simple justice.
  7. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Gold Supporting Member

He must have fallen in the shower, that's all.
  8. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

Those freaking soap bars are slippy as h*ll!!

9. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

After reading that and seeing the photo, I suggest someone keep an eye on that J.O. after his incarceration because he will shift his aggressions towards humans eventually. Serial killer behavior, serial killer eyes.

His sentence should be served in a lion cage.
  10. Junk420

Junk420

I don't think this is Karma as much as it is something that would happen in any decent area of the world. I know I would have been in that mob, that's for damn sure. I bet Frenchie here looks 100 times worse laying in his infirmary bed than he does in that picture, now that he's hanging out in prison!
  11. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

This is neither karma nor justice. It's plain old mob bashing, aka mass vengeance.
    Not exactly a glorious tribute to the wisdom of humanity.
  12. GK Growl

GK Growl

+1.
  13. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

Agreed! The concept of *justice* has become a joke. I think this tool earned every bruise he got (and will get).
  14. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

+2
    Oh, the irony!
  15. dannyk

dannyk Supporting Member

I don't know what's wrong with me. The abuse of animals sickens me to my stomach. I feel I should be more sympathetic to the treatment of my fellow human beings. Maybe here it has to do with the vulnerability of domesticated animals; maybe it is the higher standard I have for people. Experience has told me that I will forever be disappointed in the latter.

I can't say that what happened to him in prison was justifiable but, then again, I don't feel bad for him.
  16. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

^ Now this wording (and expressed feelings) I can subscribe to.
  17. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

I'm with you on the public mob, but since the actual beating took place in prison...

He made his bed.
  18. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

You think it's all fine if people in prison are allowed to bash each other and deserve to get bashed?
  19. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Aww look how cute he is now... :smug:
  20. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

Not at all, but you can't expect the wisdom of humanity to be on full show there either.