1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Kasuga, Japan, Washburn Sarzo B-70RS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Count Bassie, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

I'm selling it. Just got it recently, but there are more pressing needs for my music trip, and really I find this just isn't quite it for me. I like it, it sounds GREAT, and it's a player. But I'm afraid it's probably more someone else's.

Looking for $300 + shipping, no case.

Issues:
    Non of the knobs work, but it plays when you plug in- through the amp. Weird, I know, but the 5-position pickup selector works, and my fav setting is dead-center. You control the volume with your amp, and it's at a pretty good volume setting where it is. Of course you're going to want to fix this, but I'm staying out of the gutty-works of this one.

It's an '85, made in the Kasuga factory in Japan, apparently the year after Matsumoku quit making Washburns.

A precious owner did some 'scrimshaw' on the back. Not horrible, but meh. Fine, sort of Celtic/tribal... and the guy's name, "Joe". :)

There are a few dings, a few strap-button holes in back, and paint cracking between the neck and fingerboard. But, the bass is in nice integral shape, and the front of the body and headstock are looking nice and presentable. The 'Rudy Sarzo' brand marker on the upper horn is in fine shape, all the choice features of the bass are in good order.

I've played a couple gigs with it, and it's a pretty killer bass. It's particularly impressive tuned B-E-A-D...

Just needs that wiring addressed. Goes on Ebay pretty soon...

Thanks for looking in.

[​IMG]

Here's a little Photobucket slideshow of the bass: http://s27.photobucket.com/user/Sloom/slideshow/Bass Guitars/Washburn Sarzo
  2. Dluxe

Dluxe

Nice SWR 400S and Peavey Megabass bump and PM coming.
  3. Count Bassie

Thanks for the insta-Bump! And PM replied...
  4. Count Bassie

On hold for Dluxe pending payment...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Count Bassie

Deal not happening, the bass is still on the block. Bump!

Ebay looms...
  7. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Wow! I had one of these in Red/White. Very Cool if you're into the 80's "Hair Metal" scene. Bass Stands Out in the mix with the electronics working properly, and I REALLY enjoyed playing mine live. You don't see these often in any condition...
  8. Famous Shamus

Famous Shamus Gold Supporting Member

AHHHH....Me in the 80's with this bass...thunderous and solid!

Attached Files:

9. Count Bassie

I know it's a great bass, and ordinarily I'd just keep the thing! Sounds great, and the fingerboard is nice and flat- I love that. In fact I remembered that today, and I suddenly thought that maybe I should in fact just keep the thing...
  10. Count Bassie