1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Kaveh Rastegar, Kneebody

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Marial, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Marial

Marial Three Weeks of Freedom Start Right NOW Gold Supporting Member

Finally saw Kneebody last night at the Tractor Tavern here in Seattle and :eek: :eek: :eek:

I got my mind blown. The whole band is insane and the compositions are ridiculously cool. Rastegar is incredible. He's not what I would call a smooth, overly technical player, but his timing, ability to play odd rhythms, his use of overdrive and other pedals and various right hand techniques, were really inspiring.

And he's really effing tall. I think he was playing a short scale Fender, but given how big his hands are I honestly couldn't tell if it was really a short scale or not.

The whole band was inspiring, they're all monsters, but I never once got that bad, I'm-witnessing-a-chops-demonstration, taste in my mouth. Everything was done in the service of the composition, was interesting, and made sense musically. I'm late to the party as usual, but if you haven't checked them out and you're looking for something fresh, they might be your tonic.