1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

KAY LAWSUIT BASS "RICKY LOOKING"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by colonel, Dec 29, 2012.

1. colonel

colonel

Here is a listing for a Kay Lawsuit Bass. It's a short scale bass with what I believe to be the original chipboard case. It is 100% original and is only missing the strap buttons and thumb rest. The pickups were completely inspected, the instrument was restrung with D'Addario XL165's and fully setup. It plays pretty good considering its age. Action is a little high but it is a bolt on neck so it can always be shimmed to change the neck pitch and string height. Frets are in good shape as is the finish. The finish and design is very reminiscent of.....(well you know). Sound is kind of like an upright bass. Kinda mushy sounding. Anyway the bass pics are attached. Also there is a you tube video of a similar bass at Looking to sell bass for $799 or B/O:smug:

Attached Files:

2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

That is just a super cool looking Rickenfaker.. Really it is

3. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler

I would be happy to give a personal recommendation on the colonel, I've known him in the real world for many, many years. He is an absolute straight shooter, and honest as the day is long. I have personally purchased many instruments from him also. He just joined so he doesn't have any feedback, but I would happily transfer any of my feedback scores to him if I could.

If that bass were my thing I would have been all over it, from my understanding it is indeed very rare.

Good luck on the sale colonel!:D

Cheers,
    Dirk

4. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler

Allow me to give you a bump up the list, just FYI colonel you're allowed to bump your post to the top of the pile once a day. It's actually quite amazing how fast a post can sink into many pages after just a day. There are lots of basses coming and going here, always great deals to be had, and made too. :)

Cheers,
    Dirk

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. colonel

colonel

How might I do that?? Thanks!!! DD

7. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler

You just did. :) Traditionally people will just make a post that says bump in it.
    You can do that once a day, but if people ask questions or reply you can reply to any of those and it acts like a free bump.

Good luck on the sale.
    Cheers,
    Dirk

8. colonel

colonel

HEY LOOK AT MY KAY BASS