KC Bass Workshop With Francois Rabbath this summer!

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by Violen, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Violen

Violen Instructor in the Vance/Rabbath Method Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Conklin Guitars (Basses)
    KCBassworkshop is proud to welcome back Francois Rabbath and Sylvan Rabbath as faculty to the 2014 KCBW on June 28th-July 2nd! The workshop will be held at Shawnee Mission North High School 7401 Johnson Dr. Overland Park, Ks.

KCBW also welcomes back very special guest Martha Vance (George’s wife) who will be in attendance during the week. We also welcome a great faculty of Lloyd Goldstein, Hans Sturm, and Brian Roessler, Johnny Hamil and tentatively more (Faculty subject to change).

The week will offer Masterclasses with Rabbath and all the faculty. Emphasis on Rabbath Technique. Bass solo performances, small and large bass ensemble performances, Representing everything related to bass in the Classical, jazz, and alternative (Rock, Funk, Blues, Polka, etc.) styles of music.

The promotion of the development of original material to post directly to the website Stringshub.com.

Evening performances by all of the faculty with Rabbath concert on Tuesday July 1st @7:00 (tickets available to the open public).

Teacher training classes available for the first time at KCBW now with college credit available for attendees. Work with Francois on teaching his technique and Johnny Hamil and Martha Vance on teaching George Vance method.

The week as always will be a great week of personal growth, inspiration, and creativity! The new faculty bios and links will be posted soon! Please enroll today!

http://kcbassworkshop.com/
    Tom Lane likes this.
  2. Violen

Disclosures:
    This will be one of two chances to see Francois this summer in the USA. Johnny has worked really hard to get his Visa documents in order. This was a life changing event for me last summer.

I was also told Nick Walker will be on the faculty this year. There may be a few more announced soon.
  3. Violen

Disclosures:
  4. Herbet

Herbet

I am thinking about attending but debating if I'd get much value given that I've only been playing for about a year and the long drive from Toronto. the chance of seeing Rabbath live is very enticing.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Violen

Disclosures:
    It was the first step in actually fixing my playing. I would urge anyone to go!
  7. Violen

Disclosures:
    Kabump bump! About a Month away!