1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Keep watch for MF coupon stacking

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by TolerancEJ, Dec 11, 2012.

1. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Around Christmas 2011, MF allowed coupon stacking. I remember adding 2 coupon codes for a total discount of 22%. If someone notices this happening again, please advise. I may pull the trigger on an instrument.
  2. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix Supporting Member

I've been trying to get them to give me the current 15% off discount on a Squier Vintage modified 5, but they won't because they say that it's already on sale from Fender, a whopping $20 or $25 off.
  3. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Yeah, sometimes I try the coupon code & it says the discount is not available on that particular product. Frustrating, I know.
  4. godblender

godblender Supporting Member

That's ridiculous.

Did you try calling and speaking to someone? I got 15% off an American Std. Jazz about 3 weeks ago while the Fender sale was active.

If one salesperson won't give you the coupon keep calling back and speaking to different people until someone does. It seems tedious I know, but I've done it before to my advantage. There's no reason they shouldn't honor that coupon for you.
  5. hgiles

hgiles

I tried getting some TC Electronic RS210 cabs -- same thing - "It's already on sale!" But if I can stack coupons I would definitely pick up a cab. I need something soon!
  6. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix Supporting Member

No, but that's what I'm gonna try next. Thanks for the confirmation that it'll work that way.
  7. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

The coupon stacking last year was aweeessommmeee. I ended up getting around 35% off total on an interface I purchased by stacking three coupons.
  8. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    Keep in mind that the margin on these things is VERY small.

When I worked at GC I sold a $4000 PRS. The guy used a 15% off coupon after which it profited about $100.

Gibson has pretty good margin, generally. Fender has a very low profit margin.

The coupon stacking was a computer error. If they allowed you to stack coupons they'd be selling at a lose.