1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Keith Bearden German Bow?

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by DarnellBass, Mar 2, 2012.

1. DarnellBass

DarnellBass

Anyone have experience with Keith Bearden German bows?
    They go for around $2,500

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

3. Paul Warburton

Paul Warburton

I traded a Kay bass for a Bearden German bow many years ago. Octagonal stick, fabulous work. I have it in a violin shop here in Denver on consignment.
    Guys at the shop said they caught up with Keith and he's still in the joint.....is that true, Louis?

EDIT: I just noticed you're here in Colorado, Darnell, you may have seen my bow?

4. Paul Warburton

Paul Warburton

I doan think so, man. I'm not familiar with Schuster and the only bow I have on the market is the Bearden down at Rocky's.
    You prolly talked to Evan down there.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DarnellBass

DarnellBass

How would you describe the bow?

7. Paul Warburton

Paul Warburton

Why did you delete your post that I was alluding to in my last post?
    The workmanship is amazing. I thought you saw the bow. Highest quality Pernambuco octagonal stick. The ebony frog has a beauitul mother of pearl inlaid crest. The work at the tip is some of the finest i've seen in my professional lifetime of over 55 years. The balance reminds me of a Nurnberger bow that my mentor, Red Mitchell, used for many years.
    Hey, we should prolly take this to PM so it doesn't sound like i'm trying to sell the bow in a TB Thread. Just thought others might enjoy some history on that devil, Keith.

PM sent.

8. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Paul, et al,

I only know about any of this because because one of his bows turned up in a shop once and before I could put the money together, it was gone. The guy is/was a great craftsman and the other stuff is not for me to comment on. It's just unfortunate. I don't know his current status.

Louis

9. Paul Warburton

Paul Warburton

Thanks, Louis, over and out.

10. KJPbop

KJPbop

Greetings Paul! How much do you want for the bow, and are you willing to ship it out for a trial? Regards, KJPbop

11. Paul Warburton

Paul Warburton

It's not appropriate, except in our TB Classifieds, to discuss sales in the TB Forums.

PM sent.