Kelly Rae Acoustic Trio at Disneyland 04/11/14

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassCliff, Apr 13, 2014.

1. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hello friends,

See this thread for our gig the night before: Kelly Rae Band at Disneyland 04/10/14.

On Friday night we played again at the Big Thunder Ranch private venue in the park. This time it was for the Valley Emergency Phisicians and their families. Guess what? Nobody yelled, "Is there a doctor in the house!?!?" ;)

[​IMG]

Here we are in the parking lot waiting for our shuttle.

[​IMG]

We were on the same stage as the night before, but instead of the full band and provided backline we were greeted with this.

[​IMG]

It was quite a difference. We plugged a couple of wireless packs into our guitars and had the side fills for our monitors. It worked pretty well. But there was just enough signal delay and acoustic delay that we had to make adjustments.

[​IMG]

Art and I are getting our acoustics dialed in.

[​IMG]

Here's the view from my mic during sound check. Pretty much the same as the night before, maybe a little smaller crowd. The FOH guy is in that window up in the barn structure on the far side.

[​IMG]

I had a creepy little friend to keep me company.

[​IMG]

Art and I are all dressed up and ready to go. The Mouse made me wear the hat. I usually despise wearing hats.

[​IMG]

The lovely Kelly Rae joins us.

[​IMG]

It's time to get this party started!

[​IMG]

This is Michael Mouse, a great piano player and entertainer. We traded sets that evening.

[​IMG]

Art and Kelly are about to walk on stage for the last set.

[​IMG]

After the show we posed for a couple of pictures.

[​IMG]

Everybody loves Kelly's boots!

[​IMG]

We are hoping that we'll pick up a few more parties at Disney this summer. We played only two half hour sets for this gig and no gear to schlep. Easy-peazy!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

2. jelly6466

jelly6466 Supporting Member

Nice. Let me know if you need a fill in, it owuld be worth the cross country flight for me.

3. nutdog

nutdog Supporting Member

Art always looks happy.

4. kcole4001

kcole4001

And well he should be!
    I daresay you'll never be reading about this band in the band management and/or rant section.
    :)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

Ha! These two gigs might've covered your airfare with a little left over. You'd be doing the gig just for the fun of it. ;)

Aww, sometimes we fight like family but we do have a lot of mutual love and respect for each other. There's very little drama. I think it helps that none of us have been in our 20s for quite a while. :smug:

I am very fortunate and thankful. I appreciate all the kind words and the fact that you all put up with my little gig reports. :p

A few of you have said you'd be providing gig reports also. I'm looking forward to them. [​IMG]

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

7. jelly6466

jelly6466 Supporting Member