1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

'Ken Smith Bass Strings'

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mustBmtd, Nov 27, 2013.

1. mustBmtd

mustBmtd

Anybody know if Ken Smith carries a Black set of bass strings or not? If so, Can you let me know the package number of what set. And if they are taper. Trying a whole new brand of strings and for some odd reason I'm focused on the Smiths right now. Main brand has always been Dean Markley's SR2000 for my 5' and 6' string basses. So now I wanna change up on the 5' string. Best sets for contemporary gospel and rnb. :help: :bassist: Only the B' has to be Taper, If they have a set, that way. If not! They all can be Taper. And if they all are not Taper how about the B' E' A' only. Send a pic of package if somebody uses a black set of smiths.
  2. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

No black Ken Smith strings.

Your roundwound options are DR Black Beauties, Rotosound Nexus, or Aurora strings.

Or you can get black nylon tapewounds. Daddario, Fender, GHS, Labella, and Rotosound make them.

Ken Smith does however make some damn fine bass strings in standard steel and nickel colors.

Here's where to buy them: http://www.bassstringsonline.com/Ken-Smith-Strings_c_15.html