Ken Smith BSR5PE Zebrawood!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Surfbr, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surfbr

Surfbr Supporting Member

Up for sale is my Ken Smith BSR5PE with an amazing zebrawood top!!

This is the Elite bolt on model with a 5 pc body (Zebrawood/Maple/Mahogany core/Maple/Zebrawood), gloss finish and series/parallel switches. The bass is in excellent condition and is an amazing sounding bass. If you are looking for the "Smith Sound", this is it.

This is the Pro-Elite model. This is a model that Smith discontinued in 2004 due to high manufacturing costs, and it is only offered as a custom made instrument. The list price on these are the same as the BT or BSR Elite with a start price of $5,700. When adding the upgrades, you will have a $6K+ bass.

So what you have is your upper-end bolt-on Smith - 5-piece body wings, the catalyzed lacquer finish, 18mm spacing, macassar ebony board and coil taps for each soapbar pickup. It is in close to mint condition - no dings or scratches, some surface swirling and the like, at certain angles and under strong light. The bass was recently serviced and a new set of strings was installed. It comes with the hardshell Smith case, which is sturdy beyond all others, and is also excellent.

This bass is also featured in the Ken Smith gallery (this is the actual bass): http://www.kensmithbasses.com/models/custombolton/5pezebrawood.html
    And here's a link to the model: http://www.kensmithbasses.com/models/custombolton/bsrpecrve.html

This bass is for sale only, so no trades please. The bass is offered for sale at $3,000 including shipping to CONUS (or feel free to pick it up locally in LA).

Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. Surfbr

Surfbr Supporting Member

A few more pics...

Attached Files:

3. Surfbr

Surfbr Supporting Member

And one more...

Attached Files:

4. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

That is stunning!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy Supporting Member

I almost bought that bass off of craigslist, but you beat me to it!
  7. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Man....seriously thinking about this one!
  8. Surfbr

Surfbr Supporting Member

Thanks for the comments!
    The bass weighs 10.4 lbs on my scale. The action is ridiculously low with no buzz at all and it plays like butter!
  9. Surfbr

Surfbr Supporting Member

No trades, just a sale...
  10. Surfbr

Surfbr Supporting Member

I have a few deals pending bump. It seems like i am buying a bass locally, so this will be for sale only after all bump.
  11. ceerod

ceerod Supporting Member

I love my BSR5PE!
    Dang and I got a thing for zebrawood too...if had the funds I'd buy this in a heartbeat. GLWTS
  12. Surfbr

Surfbr Supporting Member

This beautiful Ken Smith is going to NC! Just sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.