1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ken Smith P.A.P.A and Fodera Model 2010 vs. others

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Barcza, May 28, 2010.

1. Barcza

Barcza

There are so many outboard pedal format preamps on the market. Two boutique bass builders introduce new stompboxes this year. Fodera Model 2010 had a previous version the Model 2000. This two pedals are a little more expensive than other competitors ( Aguilar Tonhammer, Sadowsky, Xotic, Sansamp etc. ) with approx. $100 but, they worth the extra 100 bucks? Can they offer something from the "word of Foderas and Ken Smiths"? Why so hard to find reviews about this two products on the net and on here on TB.?
  2. Barcza

Barcza

It seems, nobody cares this products?!
  3. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007 Supporting Member

Ken Smith sent out a survey when PAPA was in it's planning stages,(on his personal website), to find out if there would be a demand for such a tool. I personally promised him that I would buy one, but have not been able to justify the purchase. Along with the incredible deals on Ebay/TalkBass/Craigslist,and my own personal bass building projects, Papa is on the back burner for just a little while. IMHO every thing that Ken touches turns to gold, and these will be collectors items in time as I am sure there were only a "LIMITED" amount of units built.
  4. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

I'd love to have a P.A.P.A. pedal , maybe some day .
  5. jnevi9nr

jnevi9nr

6. Barcza

Barcza

With internal DIP system, the eq seems very flexible in the P.A.P.A. I read a review from a guy who has the PAPA and he has a Ken Smith bass. He says when he tired the Smith axe in passive mode with the PAPA, the sound was the same when play the bass with the original onboard preamp. I'm very curious that, the Fodera Model 2010 can do or not the sound of the Pope equipped Fodera sound for a passive bass.
  7. sas

sas

i can't seem to find the specs for the 2010 box. Specifically interested in the frequency/range/q of the mid boost, anyone know? thx
  8. iwearpumas

iwearpumas Supporting Member

9. iwearpumas

iwearpumas Supporting Member

I too am curious. Can the a Fodera bass ran in passive mode, but through a Model 2010 produce the same sound/tone as it would if it was the Fodera bass in active?