Kennedy Center Honors

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Duuuuuuuuuude, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

Did anyone else watch last night? I missed Carlos Santana but the Herbie Hancock and Billy Joel tributes were great. Herbie seemed really happy and Billy seemed genuinely moved.
  2. Richland123

Richland123

Yes, I saw it. Very enjoyable.
  3. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

It was outstanding.. The entire show was fantastic.. The music was fantastic.. and seeing all of their reactions was priceless..
  4. hover

hover

I thought the sloppy editing and lack of sync to the music during the Herbie Hancock tribute was disrespectful.

They had three full bands for the tribute, a veritable whos-who of jazz contemporaries, and they cut and chopped all over the place. Then they have Snoop Dogg come out to ruin Cantaloupe Island when I am SURE Us3 was MORE than available if they wanted to take the tribute in that direction. Then on the very last number, they were interspersing footage from two different drummers, and two different bassists, none in sync to the actual music.

I couldn't believe it. I mean, great artist, dismal tribute (televised anyway).

And could Shirley MacLaine have looked ANY more BORED during the whole affair? My God.

To the producer's credit, the Santana tribute was great.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Richland123

Richland123

I agree. That whole Snoop Dogg debacle was stupid. No talent whatsoever. My thought was that all those fantastic musicians and singers had to put up with someone like that.