1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Kent Armstrong VPB Hot Vintage P???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Kenova, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Kenova

Kenova

Hey guys!
    I am planing to buy new P pickup, I want warm, vintage, fat sound, I saw this pickup and it's cheap and there is no much informations about them. Does anyone have experiences with them?

Thanx!!!! ;)
  2. warnan

warnan

i‘ve tried both korean made armstrong pbass pickup and european handwound closed cover precision pickup. All sounds good.
    VPB use alnico v magnet while handwound one has ceramic magnetic bar. handwound p pup's has more clarity and crystal treble when popping on G string, really nice sounding pickup to my ears.
    Bill lawrence pb46 sounds more fat and warm.
  3. Kenova

Kenova

Thnx man!!!! After all I ordered SD SPB-1, i think it's a good choice! ;)