Kent Armstrong

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by iwearpumas, Nov 20, 2012.

1. iwearpumas

iwearpumas

Does anybody know anything about these? Does anybody use them?

2. hensonbass

hensonbass

He built me a passive hum-bucking 5-string pickup for my electric upright bass earlier this year. It turned out fantastic!

3. caligula

caligula

4. razboinikoff

razboinikoff

Kent Armstrong pickups is one of the biggest suppliers for custom builders. Their most popular bass guitar models are soapbars with two coils (hum canceling) and ceramic magnets. From my experience I can recommend them very highly if you are looking for modern tone.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dukeorock

dukeorock Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Authorized greenboy designs builder
    I have a boutique hollowbody with KA pickups...the front looks just like a Dar Star, the bridge is a more modern humbucker...good stuff :)

7. TDSLaBassiste

TDSLaBassiste Supporting Member

IIRC, that's the kind of pickup that came in my Wishbass (although there's no Kent Armstrong logo on it, so I can't really say if it's true or not) and it sounds pretty good. Definitely a more modern sound, pretty bright, and the output is noticeably higher than on any of my other basses.

8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
    Available in 3 flavors... Mass produced or 'hand wound' under license available from WD and maybe others. Kinda ho, hum in my experience. The third being hand wound and constructed at the KA shop in Vermont. Those have a real following in the archtop guitar world. The first two, not so much.