Kern IP777 Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mrcircle, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik Supporting Member

Hey all,

I've decided that if I hang on to this any longer, I'm in danger of becoming a hoarder. It's everything you've heard about and more, but I'm just not playing much these days so it's time to pass it along.

One of the great things about owning a Kern is that, besides the fact that it's built like a tank, if anything ever does go wrong with it, Les Plopa, the designer, will repair it for free. When it developed a slight hum in the DI a while back, I sent it to Les and he went through everything with a fine tooth comb, making a few upgrades that he'd designed after this one was built. I've only used it a handful of times since, so it's in excellent working order.

It's also in great shape cosmetically. As you can see in the photos, other than a few minor surface scratches on the top the unit is very clean.

It will ship with a JAN Philips 12AX7WA in V1. I did a bunch of tube rolling early on and this was what I kept coming back to, as did Tom Bowlus in this preamp tube shoot out (scroll down to Post #86 for his results):

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/best-preamp-testing-tubes-182980/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll take $650 including shipping to the CONUS. Not looking for any trades, but I'm always a sucker for a good P-bass or a Bergantino cab.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Michael
  2. royce420

royce420

Where are you located and do you take Paypal?
  3. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

Bump for a killer pre! I've had two over the years... A mecca of tonnnnnnnnnnne!
  4. mrcircle

I'm in Boise, Idaho. PayPal is fine.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. iualum

iualum

PM sent.

Received?
  7. mrcircle

All PMs replied to. On hold pending payment.
  8. mrcircle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.