killswitch problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Andii Syckz, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

So i've drawn what i thought would work. I've modded my epi goth years ago with just a simple killswitch but i found it was lacking some treble punch to it. And after what i did to my precision copy bass (the volume pot was defective so i just wired the existing tone control to the pickup and voila, it became a master volume/tone control and it sounds great). But it didnt work so well in my bird with the killswitch. Here are the plans i drew up in hopes it would work.

Someone please tell me what to change in it so i can get string sound and not just a buzz out of the bass.

Attached Files:

2. line6man

line6man

Wire it like this: [​IMG]

The reason for the buzzing is that you are leaving the output jack with an infinite output impedance, instead of zero.
  3. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Thanks, i sorta fixed it. But now, it's the volume/tone pot that isn't doing what i thought it would do. Cause on my pbass i used the tone pot as a volume as well when the original volume pot died. So on the pbass, the volume pot rolled off, i still have volume just no treble definition, when i turn it up, the trebleness comes on and the volume is obviously all the way up. It's doing the same on the bird, but instead of having treble, it just sounds the same as when i just had it wire with the kill switch also, it produces a lot grish noise which is kinda bad :/ anyway ideas how i can give it more of a punch and fixxing the grish problem