Kim Stone Fan

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pickinator, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Pickinator

Pickinator

I had never heard of the Rippingtons until 2 months ago. Kim adds a truckload to the band. I am a huge fan and was curious if he gets much recognition around here.

I'd be curious to hear more of what he has done. A google search doesn't turn up much. He likes Colorado.
  2. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

He was in Spyro Gyra before the Rippingtons, check out the live Access All Areas CD.
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Lots of Kim Stone fans here. Great bassist. He's no longer with the Rippingtons though. He left several years ago. I think he plays the local Colorado scene these days.
  4. mixtapelove

mixtapelove

He still lives in Denver. I used to see him downtown at a bar called Herb's; he was part of the house band that hosted a weekly blues jam. My older brother and I (both of us are drummers) occasionally went down there and played a set with him.

That was a year or so ago and has since fallen apart. Neither of us have seen him lately, but I think he still pops up at various jazz and blues venues around town. I think he still does some occasional touring.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JimK

JimK

"City Kids" (from Spyro Gyra's City Kids album) & the live version of "Conversations" (from Spyro Gyra's Access All Areas) are early cool things from Stone.
  7. 1Drop

1Drop

I went to a show in little old Ridgway Colorado one time. Don't even remember the bands name. I walk in and say to myself, That guy looks just like Kim Stone. Then I heard him play and i was all "that IS Kim Stone" made my night!
  8. randy clere

randy clere Supporting Member

I used to see him back in Colorado Springs in the early 1980's w/ a killing trio Tres, Barta and Stone.. He was killing way back then!!! ANd what a nice guy too!