Knob keeps turning?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Fretlessthrash, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Fretlessthrash

Fretlessthrash

I have a Rogue 4 String Fretless bass and the treble knob on my bass will keep turning even though its maxed out. I can see the problem and ill show a picture. The knob to the very left is the one that is messed up. I dont know if im supposed to super glue it or what or what i should use to repair it. The one i am pointing at is the one. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1390345242.417952.jpg

2. car_man65

car_man65

So when you keep turning the knob, it never stops? Does the pot spin while you turn it?

3. lz4005

lz4005

Either the knob is loose or the pot is loose.
    Depending on which it is, you'll have to either tighten a set screw, spread a split shaft or tighten a nut.

4. Fretlessthrash

Fretlessthrash

Yes the pot moves when i move it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Fretlessthrash

Fretlessthrash

The pot is loose. How would i fix that?

7. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Remove knob from loose pot.

Grab a small crescent wrench.

Unwind any wire wrapped around the pot inside the cavity and push the pot up out of the cavity as far as it will go.

While holding the pot from inside the cavity, tighten the nut on top with the adjustable wrench until you can't turn the pot from inside the cavity.

Test the pot to see that it A) does not spin completely around any more and B) works.

If so, close up the control cavity and put the knob back on.