1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Knob replacement for J Retro Preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BeSharp, Feb 26, 2012.

1. BeSharp

BeSharp Supporting Member

I just bought John East J Retro Deluxe preamp for installation in a new bass. I love the preamp but I'm not a big fan of the big heavy chrome knobs. They won't look right with the more traditional bass I'm building.

I was wondering if anyone has replaced the knobs and could give me a lead for a good source to purchase a more traditional black plastic set.

I found these on the Fender site and I like the way they look but I'm not sure they'll fit the J Retro. Does anyone know?

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/images/large/004-9411-000.jpg

Thanks.
  2. Randyt

Randyt Supporting Member

Give David at DK Knobs a call...he can build you anything...sorry ...i didnt change knobs on my j retro...but on my other bass's.
  3. odarellmc

odarellmc

is there a website for dk knobs because i can't find one...
  4. pmad_bass

pmad_bass

I just shot East an e-mail asking if these would fit. Waiting to hear back.
  5. pmad_bass

pmad_bass

So...I heard back from John. Unfortunately the knob/s won't fit, as Fender users a smaller shaft. East uses 6 mm and 8mm dia knobs. Any word on a website/e-mail contact for David at DK Knobs?
  6. pmad_bass

pmad_bass

7. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member