Korg AX bass pedals...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Muziekschuur, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

Who has one and how do you use it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any hidden features in these pedals... Some easter eggs?
  2. lossfizzle

lossfizzle

I've never had one of the AX series for bass but have had plenty of them for guitar going back almost twenty years. They haven't had significant updates algorithm-wise since the AX1000G era (ca. '99-'00 - my 3000G is not that much more sophisticated than my old 1000G), but in their defense, most of the algos sounded pretty decent even then.

Good for basic delay / reverb / envelope filtering, and I always liked the ring mod OK too. Whammy function on the expression-pedal-equipped model is available but frankly sounds pretty goofy. The amp and cab sims sounded flat to me but that's most modelers; the Korg amp models always sounded better to me than, say, most of Line 6's stuff, but this is not saying a great deal.

Not aware of any fun easter eggs.

I'm not really using my 3000G much any more now that I have an MS-60B (which works great for guitar and bass, actually). I would definitely take that AX-5B in your pic above over a Digitech BP-whatever but I should think a 60B and/or especially a B3 with expression pedal hooked up would destroy either one.
  3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

I use to own a korg ax5b and to program a patch is really simple. you use the left know to select the effects that you want. on that part, use the buttons on the right where the right knob is to select the parameter you want to adjust. then use the right knob to tweak the parameter. once you are done with that, set the left knob to write. click the right button on the right knob twice to save your settings and your done.