1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

KORG PANDORA STOMP!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ebelow, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Ebelow

Ebelow Supporting Member

I am a big Korg Pandora fan since the PX3B came out around 2001.
    Bought all edition PX3.-PX4.-PX5 and they been big part of my bass playing, actually they make my practice and learning fun and easy, with a great sound and lots of options, but never took them to rehearsals and gigs. Today I just searched the net whats new for bass multi fx even I have the MS60B and found out the newest Pandora is at just the "corner" with the Pandora Stomp! Can't wait, finally my fav little multi gonna hit the stage soon! :bassist:
    Check it out! Who is excited about it? -waiting room?

http://www.korg.com/pandorastomp
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

The big pitchblack style tuner on top is a neat idea.
    The Pandora was always thought as a mobile device, bringing it into a pedal may sound strange but at the same time they have dropped they whole range of dated multieffects so it makes sense.
  3. fleizenkruz

fleizenkruz

When is the exact shipping date? All the news said "Fall 2013". Should be shipping now then, isn't it?
  4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Looks very interesting ... if it sounds good it may well replace the tuner on my board. I wanted to put the MS-60B there for both tuning and seldom used effects like tremolo and reverb, but the tuner and also the patch handling is awkward for live use. I'll be watching this one for sure.
  5. Ebelow

Ebelow Supporting Member

Sweetwater says "it's arriving soon!"
    The price tag is very reasonable at $129.00
    If the tube bass pre, compressor and reverb will be the same, or better than the PX5D's and the tuner same quality as my beloved Pitchblack, than I will be a happy pandora stomper. Also like the three different finish/color idea, black will be my choice, but the orange looks cool to!
  6. FretNoMore

The stores I've checked with range from one month away to end of the year. We'll see.

Anyone seen whether this pedal has some form of tap tempo like the MS-60B?
  7. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Source Audio BETA tester
    Love how manufacturers are making these multi-effects smaller, and smaller and smaller.
  8. JCooper

JCooper ...meep. Supporting Member

I've had the PX5D since it came out, use it all the time. I can't remember if I ever gigged with it, practice, yes. Awesome headphone amp.
    Would love to hear what people think of this stomp.
  9. FretNoMore

Anyone seen and heard this in real life yet?
  10. Ebelow

Ebelow Supporting Member

Not yet, hopefully next month we can check it out. Musiciansfriend has an arrive date!
  11. Ebelow

Ebelow Supporting Member

Expected shipping date: 10.31.2013 at MF! :bassist:
  12. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Source Audio BETA tester
    My recollection is that the synth effect from the Pandora's are pretty decent. Being able to layer in 6 additional effects in there should allow it to bang out a good variety of synth tones.

I did note that a lot of the non-amp effects have extremely limited parameters you can edit.

Time to sell my Pitch Black tuners before this comes out and kills the used resale market on the tuner-only models. :p
  13. Ebelow

Ebelow Supporting Member

I still do not have it :(, but checked the list of amp sims, and all effects and stuff what is inside and looks like the Pandora Stomp has the same list as the Pandora PX5D!
  14. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman

Tried my new Pandora Stomp today. Pretty nice, very similar to my px4b except in metal case. Most of the presets don't impress me but I downloaded the driver and software and that's pretty sharp.

About time the made a stomp version and nice tuner!
  15. Ebelow

Ebelow Supporting Member

Great to hear! I have a`Pandora Stomp on order! :bassist:
  16. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman

Ok, after tweaking the preset sounds that come with the Stomp, (the editor is very easy to use) I used the Stomp last night at a gig. I'm a minimalist, usually not using an amplifier on stage. So it was the Stomp and my wireless. First, the tuner is great. Basically a Pitchblack on steroids. Easy to read and responsive.

I also programmed the Stomp to change my four created presets via use of the metal button not the four soft buttons, so changing with my foot was easy. The band liked the sounds I created and were pleased it worked so easily. I think our guitard is a little jealous though. I let him play with the Stomp earlier in the week and he really liked some of the guitar effects and presets better than his Digitech 355. Anyway, I'm not an effect heavy user, so the four custom presets it perfect for me. I just switch them per song, I'm not switch to different effects during a song. So, I don't know how it would work for someone who wants to do that kind of thing.

Anyway, after the gig, it took me all of 5 minutes to pack my bass, Stomp and wireless. Yeah, I always dig that.
  17. SPYD3R #9

SPYD3R #9

I just had my Zoom MS-60B and now I see this pandora stomp?! :crying::bawl:
  18. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman

Ok I have three gigs in using my Pandora Stomp. I have to say, I'm pretty happy with it. I created 4 presets using the software I downloaded. Really, easy to create new sounds/presets. I use the stomp button to switch between the four presets. The tones sound pretty good thru our FOH. Tuner is accurate and easy to see. I simply run a short cord from my wireless and then directly into the mixer.

Makes load in/out simple. I recommend it.
  19. FenderBassBass

FenderBassBass

Can any of you guys post a video review for bass? Not really any videos of it with actual customers yet, I'm curious to hear it with a bass too.

Also, does anyone know if the aux in goes out thru the 1/4" out? That would be great for me since I play electric and have a 36 key synth keybord for some keybass tunes. If the aux signal was in the 1/4" out then it would be a tiny mixer too!
  20. FretNoMore