1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Korg Pitchblack Plus Chromatic Tuner

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Doragon, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Doragon

Doragon

2. troy mcclure

troy mcclure

That is a great deal, I sold a used one for $80 last year. These were $ 120 at the time.
  3. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

very nice deal
  4. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix Supporting Member

I didn't see any size dimensions for it. Is it a little bigger than a Boss TU-2?

Nevermind, I watched a YouTube demo and got a better idea.
  5. BoomBoomOGTL

BoomBoomOGTL Supporting Member

I'm in for one, thanks for posting this deal. I've got the smaller one (and love it) on my pedalboard and was always leaving it at our reheasal space. It'll be nice to be able to keep one of these tuners at home.
  6. Bongolation

Bongolation

It's discontinued, thus the price.

They're apparently still keeping the overrated regular Pitchblack, though. [shrug]

Weren't these cheaper when they dumped the red ones a while back? I can't remember. :confused:

AMS seems to be getting a lot of discontinued stomp gear lately and dumping it hard.
  7. Bongolation

Bongolation

This is a HUGELY more visible unit than the original, to judge from the videos.

Features (and footprint) are probably excessive, but the increased visual access is very definitely worthwhile.
  8. kslawdawg

kslawdawg

I bought the red one... and I can't even remember :-(, but I'm thinking it was about the same as this, $50. Pretty nice tuner actually.
  9. Bongolation

Bongolation

We're getting old.

Yeah, I think it was about the same price. I came really close to getting one of them then, but didn't, and it would have been because it was $50 -- sort of beyond my limit for floor stuff I probably won't use much.
  10. kslawdawg

kslawdawg

Thankfully (for my budget anyway) I haven't come across anything in this thread for quite a long time that I just couldn't resist... but there's always tomorrow :)