Kramer Focus 77 Bass- Anyone Come across one?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brawnbass1324, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Brawnbass1324

Brawnbass1324

I recently picked up an old gem at an auction.

It's a Kramer focus 77 bass thats supposadly from 1983, However after a quick look online and a nose through the old record books and stuff I can not find a single piece of information about it!

It's got a low serial number and from what i understand the focus series was predominantly a series of guitars.

This is just a generic plea for anyone with any information about this type of bass's history, its got two jazz pick ups (can't identify them) that are set in the middle of the body rather than split between the neck and the bridge. It also has a 3 way toggle, a tone and a volume control but other than that i barely know anything about it

Thanks
  2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

In this season of giving, us lazy readers who dig gear would like some pics please.
  3. leegreenman

leegreenman

http://www.vintagekramer.com
    Lots of info on this site. I have an early 80s Kramer which I'm a bit obsessed with lately. I think all the Focus stuff was MIJ.
  4. GIBrat51

GIBrat51

Unfortunately, the vintage Kramer site (I go there a lot) doesn't have much to say about Focus basses, other than they were made in Japan, and not for very long. You might want to try the Kramer Owners Club here on TB; some very knowledgeable people there. If your pickups are original, they are probably Spectors; that's what my Forum III has. For active pickups, Kramer liked DiMarzios, or Bartolinis (I think). I like older (before Gibson got hold of them) Kramers myself; usually very well made, and underappreciated. I have 3; the Forum, a Duke, and a 450B. Enjoy yours! :)
  5. Register to disable this ad