Kramer Striker...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pytanko, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Pytanko

Pytanko

Hi, i recently bought an Kramer Striker, but it seems to have invalid S/N (5031380) also it have some strange sticker on headstock it says: "83 inspected by "some unreadable signature"". As we know, Striker series began in 84, so maybe it my one its fake?

Some photos (my camera sucks...):
    Tumblr

Schaller 3D + Grover Titan's + EMG P/J

Thanks for help ;)

2. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

It's fake - I'll give you $25 for it.

J/K. It looks legit, though possibly a pre-production model. Parts alone make it worth a few bucks.

3. Pytanko

Pytanko

K, someone can check that S/N for me?

4. GIBrat51

GIBrat51

You might want to try the Kramer Owners club here on TB. Might be a little hard to find; don't recall anyone posting lately, but it's around here somewhere. You might also try www.vintagekramers.com. There might be useful stuff there. I have 3 of them; all older than yours, though. Kramer serial numbers are, sad to say, not very useful, and Kramer was famous for changing things in the middle of the stream "just because". 2 of mine don't quite fit the printed description of them; but they're Kramers, soo....;) If it sounds good, and feels good, I really wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy, and play the snot out of it. IMO, Kramer has never made a bad bass; most people don't know what they're missing. :D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Disclosures:
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can **** off
    I agree, I had an old 80's Kramer and loved it until the Guild Pilot was introduced to me. Then of course the Gamma Alpha P. Which to me is very simier to my old Kramer now that I think about it.

7. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Disclosures:
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can **** off
    I had a Kramer ZX170 and my Gamma reminds me of a Pro Series ZX 170 I think it was a different #

8. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59

Cool and congrats on your new bass. I've got and '88 Hot Pink Striker I picked up in a pawnshop a few yrs ago. I don't see many Strikers for sale, and I don't know if that's good or bad. Here's a pic of mine.

[​IMG]

9. mongo2

mongo2

I live a few miles from where the Kramer factory was located and prior to shutting their doors they had "garage sales" (IIRC there were 2 or 3) where they sold off completed instruments, partially completed instruments, and components. I attended those sales and purchased some hardware, mostly screws, tuners and a few bridges.

Whenever I see a Kramer that looks odd I can't help but think it may be an instrument constructed by someone using components obtained at one of those sales.