KSM Bridges?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by erochelle77, Oct 16, 2007.

1. erochelle77

erochelle77 This space for rent

Has anyone tried one of these? They look tank solid, but I wonder if I'm seeing a design flaw in hight adjustment...or not. (watch the video).

http://www.ksmguitars.net/bridge.htm

2. Human Bass

Human Bass

Well, i just found it lame how the guy says that maple is one of the most dense woods avaible. Someone has to introduce him to purpleheart or ipĂȘ :p

Well, the bridge itself looks good, but if the adjustability is limitated, i wouldnt get it. And all this thing of "no air" is snake oil for me.

3. erochelle77

erochelle77 This space for rent

I like the looks of it (I like big tanky looking things), but I would think that adjusting the string height with strings on would be a pain.

4. Human Bass

Human Bass

The main problem is the price...150 bucks! If you want a hardcore mass bridge, Hipshot sells one for 85.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Khronic

Khronic Richard J. Naimish

A design flaw? Perhaps. Either the string groove or the height adjustment screw, or both, could be offset to accommodate easier access to the screw. Overall though, an excellent design. On the other hand 15/64ths", less than a quater of an inch, string height adjustment is borderline minimal. (Needs to be less limitated LMFAO!)

As to the comment by Human Bass about "no air" being snake oil. Why is that. I think the guy has valid points about rigidity and surface contact between the string saddle and the instrument.

7. waseok

waseok

Agree, i think string and bridge/body contact should be as much as possible.

8. Human Bass

Human Bass

Yeah, but there comes to a point that doesnt really make a difference. It is like the discussion about audio cables. You can have a copper cable that transfer 99% of sound or a silve/gold cable 20 times more expensive that transfer 99,9999999%. As long the bridge is tightly attached and is stable. it will work in a totally safisfying way.

9. Khronic

Khronic Richard J. Naimish

Agreed. Although I still love this KSM design.

10. Human Bass

Human Bass

Oh, and i cant deny that they look very, very cool.

11. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging! Supporting Member

An audible improvement in sound quality, or merely another triumph of marketing over substance?

Anybody own one?

Any physicist TBers care to comment on the claims made for the design?

12. cnltb

cnltb

13. Human Bass

Human Bass

I like this one!!! I cant resist anything german...awesome people with awesome stuff

14. cnltb

cnltb