1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Kustom DE810H or Ashdown MAG 810 Deep

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by hermanosoul, Jan 6, 2013.

1. hermanosoul

hermanosoul

Hi everyone.
    I've got the opportunity to get an 2nd hand Ampeg SVT 200T, and the idea is get an 8x10 or 4x12 cabinet.

About the first type i've found in Thomann the Kustom one for €449/$592 and the Ashdown for €549/$723. I've tried this last one with a Hartke head and i did like the sound, so i guess i'd like it better with the Ampeg. So anyone could tell something about the $131 cheaper Kustom? Both are 800W at 4ohm.

Apart from this, I've considered the Ashdown VS 412-600 for €560/$738 (600W 4 ohm.) It seems that this is a higher series of ashdown. Anyone could tell any about working with 4x12s instead of 4 or 8x12s.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

2. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    Someone did a review of the DE810H on here not long ago after snagging it for under $300 USD new. I think they considered it good but not great. On that note, I really don't like the SVT200/400T. I would keep looking unless it's an excellent price but that's me. ;)

3. Sartori

Sartori

I would skip the MAG 810. I had a MAG series cab, and it just wasn't that good. Sounded a bit hollow, for lack of a better word. Maybe it was just too quiet, but I think it was probably voiced in a way that just didn't work very well on its own in a band mix.