LA BASED NATIONAL ACT SEEKS BASSIST

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by THESHAKERS, Jul 11, 2011.

1. THESHAKERS

THESHAKERS

Hey low-enders. The Shakers are a female fronted melodic driven, high energy rock band with a soulful back bone. We're blowing up LA, Philadelphia, NYC, Phoenix and are breaking into Utah, Chicago, San Fran and more! We need a bassist with a great attitude, great sense of touch and tone, strong background in music theory, who fits our style, doesnt have any major drug problems, willing to get in the trenches and tour with us, and someone who has enough business sense to bring something to the table in this ever changing industry. We really would prefer a bassist that uses his fingers as opposed to using a pick. We've been blessed with a great companionship in this band and no drama/ego, which is a huge staple in our decision for a bassist. Ideally our goal is to supplement our original music by learning motown/60's-70's soul and funk covers to book corporate gigs for extra money in the individual members pockets as well as helping self finance the band. There is a link below to a youtube clip of us rocking the Viper Room. If this sounds like something that interests you, please email Chris@ilovetheshakers.com

YouTube - ‪Shakers Tear up the Viper Room on 2/26/11‬‏
  2. Dube

Dube

I don't use a pick, never have. I am a Texas based Bassist, who is willing to relocate
    for the right project. I was in a 60's 70's and 80's Top Forty cover band for three
    years so I already know a lot of covers you might want to try. I am looking to do this full time and i have the experience and the chops of many years in the biz.
    you can e mail me at:mobetterbass@yahoo.com Thanks, Dube
  3. JINGLES

JINGLES

Disclosures:
    BASS:JJ
    JJ JOHNSON,BASS MAN.I CAN FILL THAT SPOT.I CAN TRAVEL.I PLAY SOUL ,AND ROCK BASS.ALSO BLUES AND GOSPEL.FENDER BASS,4 AND 5 STRING.SWR AMP-2 412 CABS.EMAIL JHNSNJINGLES@AOL.COM.218-281-3553,CELL 701 330-3614.ABOUT ME(BLACK GUY WITH DREADS-PLAYED FOR MANY YEARS
  4. Bassguitarbubba

Bassguitarbubba

I imagine the Shakers want someone who not only can play bass, but can read a job ad, as well. Firstly, no ego. Secondly, only someone with a big ego will post a reply listing their own email address and expect the prospective employer to contact them. I'm not being overly critical. I'm just making an observation.
  5. bassinplace

bassinplace

Replying with contact information is egotistical? Oh boy. Hello, kettle.
  6. bassfart

bassfart Gold Supporting Member

I always leave my contact info when I reply to an ad, how else are they supposed to contact you for an audition?
  7. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Disclosures:
    AFM International Representative
    One could PM there contact info.

Wally