1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

LA BELLA BLACKS QUESTION

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by lefty5, Nov 22, 2012.

1. lefty5

lefty5

ARE LA BELLA BLACKS FOR 3/4 UPRIGHT #7710 LOOP END OR BALL END STRINGS ?:confused:

THANKS
    TERRY M
  2. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

I believe they have ball ends, but I've only played them for a few minutes on a Kay in a shop.
  3. iiipopes

iiipopes

Why does it matter?
  4. lefty5

lefty5

cause i prefer ball ends to loop ends,,, does that matter?
  5. iiipopes

iiipopes

Different folks have different tailpieces, or like to string the loops up for less downforce or down for more downforce over the bridge. I never thought about it, either, playing steel strings.

I am surprised: to try to help, I just got done with a 10-minute surf of the LaBella website and some of the better known vendors. Nobody talks about the string end construction, just the general construction and tonal impressions.

Sorry I couldn't help.
  6. eub_player

eub_player

Disclosures:
    Formerly known as Francois Blais...
    Ball end.

Only a very few brand of (non-gut) bass strings can have the ball removed to be mounted in loop fashion. (Jargars and Innovations come to mind)
  7. johninmemphis

johninmemphis Supporting Member

Ball end. Looking at a set I don't use any more.
  8. lefty5

lefty5

i found a picture on la bellas website and correct,, they are ball end,, my wife is wanting a set for christmas and the best price i found was 148.00 at bob gollihurs.
    thanks guys.

terry m
  9. johninmemphis

johninmemphis Supporting Member

PM me - you can have my set real cheap and they were not used all that long
  10. JC Pat

JC Pat

11. lefty5

lefty5

i think she is gonna like these john,, they definitely are easier on her fingers,, and they are pretty punchy too,, great tone on the D and E strings and the G just pops.

terry m