La Bella on Jazz

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by vxjoe, Mar 31, 2014.

1. vxjoe

vxjoe

Like most of us, I've tried many strings on each of my basses. Finally tried La Bella 45-100 flats, through body. These strings brought the bass to life. Compared to Chromes the fundamental is more distinct. The biggest noticeable change is that the wood vibrates much more acoustically. I always love the feel of a guitar or bass that you can feel rattle your chest. Amplified it is the tone of Motown, Jamerson and more important the tone I've been looking for. The feel is what basses felt like in the 60's, tension seems a touch more than Chromes, a good thing. The string feels a bit more plush or high end, I don't miss the slick feeling Chromes tend to have. Got them overnight from Basstrings online at the best price I could find.

I always thought all strings were made the same, La Bella and Chromes are worlds apart. It is too early to tell if I'll miss the high end of the Chromes, but the trade off is getting a solid E and A string. The thud be with you.

2. e-flat

e-flat

I've just put a set of La Bella 760FL (Light Flats) on my fretless jazz, and I love them. Smooth (especially after a few hours of play) and with the proper setup they are very vocal with plenty of growl if you want it. I don't have any La Bella flats on my fretted basses, but trying these 760FLs on my fretless makes me want to grab some more! Great strings....

3. jessicabass

jessicabass

Dont know of any size 100E for labellas???

4. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

I've had the same set on my Jazz for goin on ten years now, they sound awesome.

5. Register to disable this ad