La Bella White Nylon Demo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mtdbassdudezx5, Oct 21, 2013.

1. mtdbassdudezx5

mtdbassdudezx5

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Kingston Basses
    Whats up bass dudes, just wanted to share my latest youtube video with yall of my favorite strings. Some of you may agree and some may not, but it's just in my own preference and I hope you can get something out of it. Subscribe to my channel and let me know what you guys think! Thanks! :bassist:

2. ProgRocker

ProgRocker

Love La Bella strings! Would you know which set has the black nylon? My Yamaha BB300 is strung with them and they are perfect!
  3. mtdbassdudezx5

mtdbassdudezx5

Disclosures:
  4. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

These are great strings. They obviously haven't been around long enough to know, but I wonder how they age after a while, like a year +.
  5. mtdbassdudezx5

mtdbassdudezx5

Disclosures:
    Thats a good question, and one I frequently get asked. I honestly find that they actually sound better the longer they stay on, its weird, I know, not a common thing with strings lol. I use dunlop string cleaner regularly, which helps with longevity :)
  6. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

It's not that weird. Lot's of people, myself included like old strings. I don't think the tone of these would change over time because there's no finger gunk getting into the windings, but I wonder how the nylon holds up over time. I've had a very old set of black labella tapes that never changed in tone but it seems like the white tape is a completely different material.
  7. mtdbassdudezx5

mtdbassdudezx5

Disclosures:
    Yeah the white is actually a clear nylon coating, it's just like the black, but looks different due to it being clear..so it shows more of the stainless steel appearance.