1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

La/Valley GTG?

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by TussinBot., Sep 29, 2012.

1. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

Don't know when the last one took place but I missed it. Wondering if anyone wants to do an La/surrounding valley GTG in the near future. I know theres a lot of you in the area, lets put something together!

On a related note: I have a call into Mesa Hollywood to see if they would consider hosting it. Managers out of town for a week but maybe they will let us come screw around? Just an idea for placement.
  2. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

Just got off the phone with the manager of guitar center sherman oaks, he said they would definitely be interested in hosting it. Need to call Mon-Friday to some higher up to get authorization, but he said there shouldn't be any issues.
  3. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

count me in! (sub'd) I went to the GTG last year in San Jose and it was cool but would love one a LOT closer.
  4. Kobaia

Kobaia

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amp Gruv Gear and Mono Cases
  5. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

Nice, I am going to see if Mesa is down before locking in Guitar Center Sherman oaks - need to get some more people though!
  6. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

No more interest? How do I get this going? I would imagine more people than just the three of us would be interested!
  7. sillyfabe

Honestly just mention it in more popular threads:
    Coming and Going
    PYB

I'll get it around but everyone should spread the word!
  8. Kobaia

Kobaia

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amp Gruv Gear and Mono Cases
    put it in your signature. with a link to this thread. set the date out a few months and just post like normal
  9. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

Putting it in my sig is a good idea - I don't want to spam it a lot in other threads but I will drop the info a couple times to get the word out. Im sure theres a lot of guys who would go if they knew about it
  10. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

I'm in, although I don't have any really interesting gear... I'm really more interested in meeting fellow TB'ers :)
  11. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

Thats the important part! All im bringing is some generic stuff, an ampeg v4b, my g&l sb-2, and my pedal board. But hanging out with relatable people is the point!
  12. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Supporting Member

I'm interested, keep up the campaign!
  13. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

Trying to - posting more lately just so people see my signature but not a lot of bites yet!
  14. kph24

kph24 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Eastman Basses
    I'm interested
  15. sillyfabe

BUMP! anyone know what's going on with this?
  16. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

Haven't started planning anything cause I didn't have much interest. If the 5 or so of us just want to do it and hopefully more join in thats fine by me. Maybe if theres something set in stone more people will hop on board?
  17. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

I"ll go, depending on my work scedule.
  18. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

Anyone got any ideas for a location for this to go down? When I first started the thread guitar center sherman oaks seemed down to host it, but I havent followed up. Not to mention Ill be gone all of January...Anyway, if we wanna get some people together before then Id be down!
  19. Lackey

Lackey

Subbed, don't really have any "Ins", but its bloody LA and SoCal! Should be tons of us down here.
  20. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

If we could do this before the end of the year Id like to. I am going out of town for sure all of January, but itd be fun to get the group together. Im going to re call guitar center sherman oaks and hollywood, and the bass exchange and see what I can do. I know itd be short notice but I imagine we could get a decent turn out. Will report back.