Label maker

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Axtman, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

What do you recommend for a label maker for marking connector ends. My worship band needs to put labels on XLR and TRS ends on a snake and the board. That way people who help set up and tear down know where to plug things in and out. I would like a white label with black lettering in an Arial font. Also I would prefer that the labels would not fall off or leave a sticky residue. Any suggestions?

2. Zephrant

Zephrant

P-touch makes a label tape for their printers that is designed for cable marking. Look for fx231.

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-International-Tze-Fx231-Flexible/dp/B008C4FCR2

It does stick better, but I like the black on yellow tape, and the gold on black for low-profile marking. I use the gold one a lot.

For power cords, I've gone to using a white paint pen. Faster, and never comes unstuck from the heat.

I'm using the above in a server room, not a bar. Racks get pretty hot though, so the cheap tapes don't last.

3. warnergt

warnergt

I use these cable labels. No label maker is required.
    You just write on the white part and wrap it around the cable.
    Hosa Label-A-Cable

4. seamonkey

seamonkey

Color tape works good. Use a color code, i.e. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25-pair_color_code

Wrap a couple of pieces of different color around each cable, cut little strips and put on the same code on the equipment side. It's faster putting together than reading labels, but you can put on labels also if you want.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

outside of white e-tape and sharpy...i typically have used paper and heatshrink...works like a charm!