1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Labella 760FL tension question

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Darren R, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Darren R

Darren R

Hey guys,

I've tried a couple different flats so far:
    - TI Flats
    - Chromes 45-100
    - GHS precision flats 45-105

I'm thinking about getting the Labella 760FLs for my next set, but I'm curious as to how the tension/flexibility compares to what I've already tried.

I'm positive that they would be tighter than the TI's, but I'm hoping they are close to the GHS in terms of tension/flex/balance.

Maybe I need the next set up? the Labella 45-105 gauge?
  2. stanknuckle

stanknuckle

I'm back on here to ask the same question about the same string!
  3. billgwx

billgwx Supporting Member

I remember them being lighter tension than Chromes.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Maybe a tad lighter than Chromes of the same gauge. It's not an insane amount.
  5. One Drop

One Drop Supporting Member

IIRC between the Chromes and GHS, GHS being the most flexible, save for the TIs, of course
  6. gary m

gary m

Agreed, the GHS set is the more flexible set IMHO.
  7. shrimpflea

shrimpflea

760FL's are my favorite strings....great balance and tone....I really like the tension...not too tight, not too floppy.
  8. J-O

J-O

I totally agree. For standard tuning, the FL's are the best feeling strings I have ever played. Not too stiff, not too loose, just perfect. I love Labella steels, too. I wish they made them in the FL gauge. For the steels I typically use the standard .045-.105.
  9. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member

I find the FL's to be a little stiffer than GHS .045-.100 but they are still not what I would call stiff. As others have said they are a great feeling string to me.
  10. SasquatchDude

SasquatchDude

My FLs feel a tad lighter than the 45-100 Chromes.
  11. armybass

armybass Supporting Member

They are my favorites too....I find them to be considerably lower tension than chromes and slightly to moderately more tension than TI's. To me they are perfect.
  12. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I have Chromes and GHS flats on one bass each, and the rest of mine have 760FLs or short scale versions of the same string. I don't notice any difference in the tension of any of them.
  13. Danno1985

Danno1985 Supporting Member

Ditto. I was a longtime stubborn user of Roto 66s, but on a lark I threw some 760FLs on my Jazz and I'm never going back. They are just perfect in terms of tension and feel, sounded great out of the box and have just gotten better with every hour of play I've put into them.