1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

LaBella Flat 760FL doubts

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by lopesraphael, Dec 28, 2013.

1. lopesraphael

lopesraphael

Hello people!

I'm after this set. I play a Pbass in a blues band and i'm considering moving to flats.

The thing is: this one is that stiff?!

I mean really though to play? Does it allow very low action with no rattling and stuff?

Help please!

This very time I got Ghs Boomers 045-100 on that P.

Thank u!

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

43-104? Who said their stiff?

The jamersons are 52-110. Those are like playing suspension bridge cables.

The 760FL's are average.

You could also get them in 39-96 but they probably won't allow for super low action without rattle.

3. u84six

u84six Nobody panic, the bass player is here! Supporting Member

Flats are great for no fret buzz. I've tested a lot of flats, and my favorites are Sadowsky Black Label, TI Jazz Flats, and Pyramid Gold. All medium to low tension. Most other flats are pretty high tension.

4. lopesraphael

lopesraphael

"Suspension bridge cables"!!! I couldn't tell how loud i laughed!

I see a lot of comments about LB being stiff. Maybe they are talkinh about JJ, in deed.

These other suggestions are quite pricey, aren't they?

I've also read LB lasts "forever". Question: rounds get less stiff over time, even more when get dead.

Flats too?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. stonewall

stonewall Supporting Member

Good choice i prefer 105,s myself.But switching from100,s you will like.NOTE; put them on a leave them on for at least a month before you totally judge them.They are different... they mellow a bit with time.After about a month you will notice that tone and clarity that your strings have at that point will not change the strings last a long time ..Other than a simple wipe down do nothing to these strings just play them.I love both Flats and Rounds it a nice change now and then.... Enjoy.